Administering an Estate
Being tasked with the responsibility of administering an Estate can be incredibly daunting, especially if you’ve never done it before. Fortunately, SW Probate Services are here to help and assist you along the way. We can arrange a package where we help you out now and again or we can do the whole job for you. All for a very competitive fixed fee. Amongst the many jobs that need to be completed when dealing with an Estate, we will:
1. Find and independently value all the property, assets, debts and liabilities of the Estate. This is very important if the Estate has to go through Probate. We have links with a whole range of professionals who can do this independently.
2. Inform insurance companies, including making any claims for Life Insurance and ensuring that the appropiate insurances on the Estates property continues. It’s worth noting that often, on death, a policy becomes void.
3. Inform the pension service and any pension providers to ensure that pension payments are not overpaid.
4. Notify any utilities providers of the death, making porvision for the supply to continue if necessary.
5. Ensure that the funeral is paid for. Most Funeral Directors will not wait for payment until assets of the Estate are sold.
6. Collect all the assets due to the Estate, making sure the Estate gets all that it is entitled to.
7. Complete a tax return for the deceased, if required.
8. Complete and submit the final accounts for the Estate
9. Pay any inheritances to the beneficiaries of the Estate
10. Pay all the debts of the Estate
Above and beyond!
We will also help you with any of those little jobs that need doing when a loved one dies. Unlike many of our competitors, we will help with:
- House clearances and sales. We will even negotiate with the Estate Agent if you want us to.
- Valuation and sales of all the deceased’s assets.
- Regular visits to the deceased’s former residence to collect post and check that all is OK.
- Tidying, maintenance and insurance cover for the deceased’s property.
All included in the price we quote!
We always try to go that extra mile for our clients, hence why all of our team are available for you at times to suit you – whether that be weekdays, evenings or weekends!
SW Probate, 10 Gordon Road,
Bailgate, Lincoln, LN1 3AJ
Call now on 01522 511177
A trusted family business
helping the people of Lincoln for over 25 years
Wills are a difficult subject for a lot of people. However, it helps to remember that they can save your loved ones a lot of difficulty in the future. We offer a very competitive fixed fee Will writing service.
The legal process of Probate can be daunting for someone who is not familiar with the tasks involved. It is vital that the process is carried out correctly. We are able to help with this.
The process can be time consuming and sometimes complicated but our team of experts can help ease the burden by dealing with as much or as little of the administration as you want.
Purchasing a pre-paid funeral plan is a good way to help your loved ones when you are no longer around.
Power of Attorney
Having a Power of Attorney in place allows you to decide who will be able to handle your affairs should you become unable to do so.
Assiting with the day to day finances including utility bills, banking, benefits and insurances.